Windows 8.1 How to do a Factory Reset on your PC
Windows 8.1 :How to Factory Reset your PC
Asides the fresh and clean physical appearance of a device that fades away, some other internal qualities and functions of the device also begin to decline as the device is being used over time.
There maybe times when many of most of our gadgets begin to malfunction or probably misbehave and gets us frustrated. This could be as a result of numerous number of apparent and in-apparent reasons. Your Laptop could begin to lag and slow down probably because of the presence of malicious or harmful softwares and other files on your PC, could be as a result of virus attack, shortage in available RAM space, programs that run on PC start-up and many more.
But some times, malfunction and the decline in proper functioning of any device is a function of time and manner of usage of that particular device.
There are various means and solution to the many problems your PC could encounter. But just in case all methodologies you have tried out isnt working out or aint solving your problem you could reset your windows 8.1 PC as a last option.
Windows 8.1 : further more
mostly, resetting your PC would get rid of junk files, unnecessary registry entries and all other garbage on your PC. After a PC reset, what you are basically left with is a new, fast slate. Performing a reset on your Windows 8.1 PC can be easily achieved by the following the steps below:
steps to be taken
- Swipe from the right edge of your screen (for a touchscreen PC) or your mouse on your Windows 8.1 PC
- Click on Settings, and then click on “Change PC settings“.
- Locate “Update and recovery“, click.
- Afterwards, on the new page, click Recovery.
- Here, Windows will present a number of Recovery/Reset options to you. Right beneath the “Remove everything and reinstall Windows” option, click on “Get started“
- Windows will prompt you that “All your personal files and apps will be removed” and “Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults”. Click on “Next” to proceed with the Reset/Recovery process.
- You will be asked to choose how and where you want to have your personal files deleted from. Select if you want files deleted from all drives or on the Windows 8.1 drive alone.
- Proceed to select if you just want files removed or the drives totally cleaned.
- Finally, click on “Reset“
- Windows 8.1 will begin resetting to default.
- After successful Reset, you will be requested to input your Windows 8.1 product key.
- Afterwards, proceed to set up your PC and other customization